Arrival of the Newborn
I turn a year older
But when you wish
Many happy returns of the day”
I feel younger than my age
And long to be here for
Inside me is a world
Unaffected by time
Outside the world changes
Faces grow old
Beautiful people become wizened
Every beauty comes to end of term
My eyes mirror all these.
I look for no shore
I don’t stand before the mirror
The transforming reflections
I love to live on
With the unchanging world inside,
In wait- tranquil and forlorn
For the arrival of the newborn!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arrival of the Newborn by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh