Toy soldiers, toy soldiers,
Marionetted by hands,
Dressed in white diamonds,
Have a hunger for sands,
Have a hunger for oil,
And a lust for blood,
Tell Jesus to beat it,
After causing the flood.
Oh you good Christian men,
Most fearsome of all,
Play God in the alley,
And Satan in the hall.
Put up wire fences,
Where friendships in need,
Spew lies of freedom,
In truth only greed.
Subdue weeping mothers,
With folded up rags,
Return sons and daughters,
In cold wooden bags.
Speak love and compassion,
To cameras and phones,
And order destruction,
Of families and homes.
Sell notions of hope,
To the deaf and the dumb,
Throw money to colonists,
And bread crumbs to bums.
You're fooling no one,
We're on to your game,
Say "conscience is for cowards",
You'll die all the same.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Army Rag by Hala Dika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Ballad Of A Mothers Love, Kewayne Wadley
- Terrorist, Kewayne Wadley
- Hari Om, Bijay Kant Dubey
- सपना इतना..sapna itna, hasmukh amathalal
- Hard labour, hasmukh amathalal
- Peace will prevail..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Divine Vs Divination, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Richmond Explodes, John Allen Richter
- Solomon's empire, hasmukh amathalal
- Restart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi