Alan Bruce Thompson
Army Of The Night
How do they do it, so calm and bright?
Striding along like guardians of the knight.
Strong and confident, no fear in sight.
Tough resilient, and full of might.
No self pity, no self doubt,
These ones throw all weakness out.
I sit and wonder as they march by
What it is that they have that I might try.
My puny self, often full of fear,
Put on bravado, put on smile and cheer.
To be like them is something I won't try
That's the Army of the Dead that was marching by.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Army Of The Night by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Summer Music, Fireworks Melting the Ice .., mary douglas
- For Trilby My Ruby-Eyed Stick Horse, Wan.., mary douglas
- hollywood son, lee fones
- The Olive Bough, Elia Michael
- For James Joyce at the Beinning of Days,.., mary douglas
- ' I Am ', Monica Lanier
- As If the Sun Had Words, mary douglas
- Hexed Hysteria, Monica Lanier
- Fly, Fly High, Monica Lanier
- Dear Lord, Monica Lanier