Rosmin Elsa Mohan
' ARIKE '... so close!
I was touched.
It killed me to learn and think
To lure upon the feeling
To realize, he was the one.
To speak without words
For words were a luxury then
The magic of the eye that waved her wand
I knew at once
I was moved.
The air as I breathed
Gave in a message so deep
Across the space that built in through
And I knew
As I felt it true
So close …
I was blessed.
The love in him and in me to sink
I saw beauty, I saw wonder
To know that the greatest need
Was close; so close indeed
Beyond love without greed..
The language of the heart to hold me proud
The silence to outlive a shouting crowd
I knew it had but touched my soul
A rhythm as in a gentle breeze
Rosmin Elsa Mohan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The realization of how close 'Arike' is what I was fascinated about.
This is dedicated to my favourite movie maker- Shyamaprasad for his latest venture with the same name
- so close!
Comments about this poem (' ARIKE '... so close! by Rosmin Elsa Mohan )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sanctuary, Dorothy Parker
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- In a way all are slaves., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To vent anger, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak