Dr John Celes
Aren’t We One of The Ten Lepers? But, Which One?
Sin is like leprosy of soul!
Ingrained in our hearts and minds is sinfulness;
Our sinful nature is congenital;
Death of the soul is the wages for our sins.
Yet, we can win the war against devils
Like how our Saviour Jesus Christ had done!
Death can’t hold us from rising as He did,
And enter Heaven with a pure soul!
By Baptism, we’ve been made clean;
But sin enters our soul dislodging grace;
God forgives us and heals us when we plead;
Do we return and thank the Lord?
Sin is contagious akin leprosy;
While leprosy destroys body, sin ruins soul;
We live a life ostracized from our God;
But all this rot stems from our own dear faults!
Church laws advise us to do confessions;
Reconcile with the Maker, obtain grace;
Offer your thanks and praises to the Lord;
Pray and ask His help for staying holy!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 16-10-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aren’t We One of The Ten Lepers? But, Which One? by Dr John Celes )
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening; let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)