'ARE ZOO’S TREATING THEIR INMATES BETTER? '
The zoos of Canada and the U S of A
treat animals better then jails of America today.
Animals have great pictures that are adored
animals in pictures in brochures they are stored.
Mug shots of inmates are shown in newspapers that can ruin their names—
This keeps the sad gossip of Planetary Dream
being repeated again.
Animals get to go outside most of the time
Humans might not even see day even if all sunshine.
Now it’s sad to see elephants strapped
to shackles at the circus or zoo
how does it feel to be a human
that feels like an animal too?
Sheriffs now imagine what it feels like to
walk in inmates shoes.
Inmates say “We want to go to prison for it’s better than jail”
I say “That is where “The system” does fail.”
Inmate responds in so many words
if I don’t write them here they will not be heard.
“People on the outside don’t care about us—
we are beneath them so are welfare is nothing
we are like dirt or even dust.”
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on March 25,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('ARE ZOO’S TREATING THEIR INMATES BETTER? ' by Suzanna Chevalier )
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)