'ARE ZOO’S TREATING THEIR INMATES BETTER? '
The zoos of Canada and the U S of A
treat animals better then jails of America today.
Animals have great pictures that are adored
animals in pictures in brochures they are stored.
Mug shots of inmates are shown in newspapers that can ruin their names—
This keeps the sad gossip of Planetary Dream
being repeated again.
Animals get to go outside most of the time
Humans might not even see day even if all sunshine.
Now it’s sad to see elephants strapped
to shackles at the circus or zoo
how does it feel to be a human
that feels like an animal too?
Sheriffs now imagine what it feels like to
walk in inmates shoes.
Inmates say “We want to go to prison for it’s better than jail”
I say “That is where “The system” does fail.”
Inmate responds in so many words
if I don’t write them here they will not be heard.
“People on the outside don’t care about us—
we are beneath them so are welfare is nothing
we are like dirt or even dust.”
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on March 25,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('ARE ZOO’S TREATING THEIR INMATES BETTER? ' by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- You Spoke my heart, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Opal thrusts, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Sea-Wall, Emmanuel George Cefai
- This Night Is Somber, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Admiral of the Nineteen Stars, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Seed Of Illusion, Aaryan Deshpande
- Solemn pattering of Waves., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rain From May, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I spoke, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Poet Seer of the Parched throat, Emmanuel George Cefai