M.D Dinesh Nair
Are You On The Way?
Amidst cold looks and clouds of gestures
I see your ones different
To find it I need to spend no time
And I go along with hope enlived.
The road to my home you have seen
Where sun-rays often fail to intercept
The clouds of my loneliness.
But you are to be there on the way.
And you will see my little hut
It is there inside a grove of weeds.
To reach it you should start coming now
And my smile I shall return to you.
You should just look inside myself
And think about my buried thoughts dear.
Perhaps they can resurrect once
And your glory I shall let the world know.
Will you come this evening or late at night?
Will you dine at mine and teach me how to dream?
I know not; I never dare to doubt it either!
But my hut has a wider door to let you in, I know
In your warm presence I will reinvent myself
And flee from these cold looks and gestures
Of a world that has ever been around me.
But when are you to knock at my door?
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You On The Way? by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..