Waltz For Zizi
Are You My Muse?
In the poem you appeared
it was not my poem, but
someone else's poem, and you
more beautiful than I remembered you
clouded my heart again, with your eyes
and everything he wrote, that resembled you.
My muse in another's poem,
somehow you escaped my palm
and treaded on someone else's heart.
Today you are not only mine anymore, today
you are his bride.
His love resembled you more
than my poems shaped you, are you
his love now?
Should I bow my head and leave,
should I find another muse?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You My Muse? by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)