Of Muses And Other Ghosts
Are You My Muse?
In the poem you appeared
it was not my poem, but
someone else's poem, and you
more beautiful than I remembered you
clouded my heart again, with your eyes
and everything he wrote, that resembled you.
My muse in another's poem,
somehow you escaped my palm
and treaded on someone else's heart.
Today you are not only mine anymore, today
you are his bride.
His love resembled you more
than my poems shaped you, are you
his love now?
Should I bow my head and leave,
should I find another muse?
Of Muses And Other Ghosts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You My Muse? by Of Muses And Other Ghosts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)