Are you ever asking?
Are you ever asking who you are?
Do you think you’re the person people see?
I often wonder who I am
Aside from being just a man
Some see me one way others another
Different perspectives from siblings and mother
Acquaintances and friends have their view too
Who am I according to you?
Can you see past the brave face?
I’m scared and alone, out of place
Can you see through the humor and fun?
I am often the sad unhappy one.
Can others see who you might be?
Perhaps always hiding your misery
Displaying who you choose to show
The you that only yourself knows
I think I have learned from the past
Why it’s important to wear a mask
For some to see my emotions for real
I fear I would lose some appeal
Exposing myself to only those close
My truest friends know me the most
More so then even my family
Who believe they alone know the true me
vern eaker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are you ever asking? by vern eaker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kurbatka, skender iljaz braka
- Love Restrained, Sangnam Nam
- Kur thyhej vjeshta, skender iljaz braka
- Kur theva nje enderr, skender iljaz braka
- Kur tee kujtova ty, skender iljaz braka
- Unconditional Love, alexander thor cirera
- Kur te kthehesh nje dite, skender iljaz braka
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka
- Kur me the te dua, skender iljaz braka
- Can anyone tell?, Somanathan Iyer