Are You Beautiful?
Are you beautiful? Don’t compare yourselves to magazines or women on TV
Look past the mirror image and tell me what you see.
For beauty, true beauty is entirely within your control
Look past the reflected image and gaze into your soul.
When we only think of beauty in superficial ways
We forget everyone is beautiful in his or her own way.
When we learn to see that beauty then we are truly blessed
Because finding it in others uncovers the beauty we possess.
Our looks are bound to change as we get old and grey
But the beauty in our soul grows stronger every day.
That is the beauty we should nurture, the beauty of which we need to be aware
Not the ever changing outside appearance, but the beauty that’s always there.
With this in mind I’ll repeat the question? For the answer you don’t have to look far
So, once again, are you beautiful? ....Smile...of course you are.
Jim Yerman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Beautiful? by Jim Yerman )
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
- Human, Foster Teegarden
- Frienship, bryan wallace
- Holi, Angela Wybrow
- A Special Bond, leanne royle
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)