Are You Alive?
YOU wake up in the morning you great good morning And the answer would be mourning...you just dont notice what you say.
Great as you are in the morning as a mother i am a father motivator mentor stranger to your community yes it is good to work but what good does it serve if you do not know what is happening.
People meet you daily and say hey are you still alive and you would go on with a smile yes i am.
How sure are you?
Who are you?
Where are you?
Some of us spend life wondering if i were to live your life how could i behave.
You would go on and say people hate you.
You will depart in the morning and return at night.
I know we complain daily and talk about those who have many babies atleast they are happy.
You have work you have money but nothing to show.
I woke up this morning to find out i have nt been a father to my nephew, a brother to my sisters and brothers, a motivator to my friend still i have not been a child to my parents i have not been a friend to my friends a teacher to my students.
Am i alive? They dont know me any longer. I am not a friend work has me wrapped up.
I woke up today to meet my friends little sister and i found out my friend died 5 months ago... My system shuts down where was i?
As we live we forget i hope i dont live to forget the day i become a parent to my kids not to forget the important days in my life for i forget my birthday too...
Rest in peace Nobuhle God will take care of you i am delayed to say such a message but its okay i hope i dont forget to make a difference to the world.
Today i will be alive so tomorrow can rejoice and yesterday will rest in peace
Ernest Makuakua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are You Alive? by Ernest Makuakua )
- The Lamentation Of David Over Saul And J.., George Wither
- Thine am I, my faithful Fair, Robert Burns
- The Gowden Locks of Anna, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The Toad-eater, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to Robert Graham, Esq., o.., Robert Burns
- Crazy Cotton Limerick, Philo Yan
- The Calf, Robert Burns
- The Sometime Sportsman Greets the Spring, John Updike
- In The Shadow of Darkness, Adeosun Pelumi
- Mally's meek, Mally's sweet, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Naming of Parts, Henry Reed
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns