Are You Alive?
YOU wake up in the morning you great good morning And the answer would be mourning...you just dont notice what you say.
Great as you are in the morning as a mother i am a father motivator mentor stranger to your community yes it is good to work but what good does it serve if you do not know what is happening.
People meet you daily and say hey are you still alive and you would go on with a smile yes i am.
How sure are you?
Who are you?
Where are you?
Some of us spend life wondering if i were to live your life how could i behave.
You would go on and say people hate you.
You will depart in the morning and return at night.
I know we complain daily and talk about those who have many babies atleast they are happy.
You have work you have money but nothing to show.
I woke up this morning to find out i have nt been a father to my nephew, a brother to my sisters and brothers, a motivator to my friend still i have not been a child to my parents i have not been a friend to my friends a teacher to my students.
Am i alive? They dont know me any longer. I am not a friend work has me wrapped up.
I woke up today to meet my friends little sister and i found out my friend died 5 months ago... My system shuts down where was i?
As we live we forget i hope i dont live to forget the day i become a parent to my kids not to forget the important days in my life for i forget my birthday too...
Rest in peace Nobuhle God will take care of you i am delayed to say such a message but its okay i hope i dont forget to make a difference to the world.
Today i will be alive so tomorrow can rejoice and yesterday will rest in peace
Ernest Makuakua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are You Alive? by Ernest Makuakua )
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
- No veg', george albot
- All a Round, Ima Ryma
- And now, hold my hands O mortal!, Preeth Nambiar
- Kaamnaa (DESIRE), Aftab Alam
- Truth is his name, Aftab Alam
- Train to destiny, Aftab Alam
- The Best Day, Meriam Joseph
- Harken, The Rain comest, Sir Toby Moses
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Soldier, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)