An arapaima, I am
A big fish in the Amazon.
Up and down and across I've swam.
I'm a fine finned phenomenon.
My swim bladder hybrids with gill.
There is some lung stuff growing there.
So while waters my preferred, still
I have to come up for some air.
Though fish is main catch of the day.
This fish outta water does find
My rough boned tongue leading the way
For a snack of the feathered kind.
Some like to fish for fish, I've heard.
But my fav is to fish for bird.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arapaima by Ima Ryma )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak