An arapaima, I am
A big fish in the Amazon.
Up and down and across I've swam.
I'm a fine finned phenomenon.
My swim bladder hybrids with gill.
There is some lung stuff growing there.
So while waters my preferred, still
I have to come up for some air.
Though fish is main catch of the day.
This fish outta water does find
My rough boned tongue leading the way
For a snack of the feathered kind.
Some like to fish for fish, I've heard.
But my fav is to fish for bird.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arapaima by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass