An arapaima, I am
A big fish in the Amazon.
Up and down and across I've swam.
I'm a fine finned phenomenon.
My swim bladder hybrids with gill.
There is some lung stuff growing there.
So while waters my preferred, still
I have to come up for some air.
Though fish is main catch of the day.
This fish outta water does find
My rough boned tongue leading the way
For a snack of the feathered kind.
Some like to fish for fish, I've heard.
But my fav is to fish for bird.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Arapaima by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- It's Like Telling Us Not To Cry, Kelly Zion
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 1, Brian Johnston
- UGLY MISSILES ARE STILL TARGETTING INNOC.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Roost, David Harris
- Tel Aviv on Amphetamines, Guy Shaked
- Tears Flow, Seinu Abdulgafar
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones