Each morning, fingers come
to plumb my brim, release miasmal grease
that quavers off- loosening bow of viscid swill
like a mini oil spill
fronting every what-not way,
eelier than the Regenbogen, but as colorful;
a rain of ruby-red daphnia and bloodworms, followed by;
it fills my atmosphere like stringy hails-
my billows boil, my people swarm
in momentary frenzy
yet, have no alarm-
my waters will soon sleep, the fish retreat
vanish into the manifold corners of things.
And there's the brain-
at least, I call it that;
at least it's creased like one
with the requisite sulci and gyri
sitting a-squat the stream.
It musn't know it's actually a coral
it wouldn't be good for its ego, at all,
it wouldn't be good for its self-esteem,
sitting unbudging and bright like a pearl or a ping-pong ball.
'Round its borders graze spidery things
with eyes on stalks, angular and clear-
high-steppers, they've been here awhile
yet even I don't know their names-
you might miss them, if you blink
tip-tip-toeing through the drink.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aquarium III by Morgan Michaels )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)