Look in me.
You must admit, my wrasse is nice.
There, the pair of ragged claws you might've been
scuttling across the floor;
it queasies me to feel the eel
whip, lengthening, through my depths
shouldering aside their leagues,
and those pellucid shrimp
tentacles tickling my fathoms.
Children peer in me
and flutter and fall asleep.
Whilst I mutter a continuous electrical purr
like an undivided heartbeat-
Their elders come to check them:
through the door-slit
a slip of light
unfurls on the floor.
'everything alright? G'night,
Don't let the bedbugs bite.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aquarium II by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- rain night, Omobude Saint perry
- I Will Miss You (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- HEAVEN - IS WHAT I CANNOT REACH! الجنة ه.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Need An Excitement Pill, Ronald Chapman
- chicken curry, lee fones
- I Miss You, Ronald Chapman
- far gone, Omobude Saint perry
- venture blood, Omobude Saint perry
- I Met My One, Ronald Chapman
- to my trouble heart, Omobude Saint perry