You left me a painted melody in my heart,
though there was no ocean of eternity for us.
I'm sure I will become happy!
It drips from the piano of my heart...
The Aquamarine melody
sparkles and thaws out the sky.
Until the last wave disappears,
make sure you look only at me.
Because you were a person I loved, there are words I couldn't say.
These feelings I couldn't convey, I now
send to you, singing in soprano.
You were like an angel flying down in the sunlight,
even though I wasn't supposed to look at the sky yesterday.
Tomorrow, the sound of the first waves shine
like a hand bell.
The aquamarine shards melt, even tears drop into the wind.
Don't erase the sound of the waves in my heart.
Keep it as memory for just the two of us.
Even if on a sunny day, sad things happen as if it were raining.
It's not like I've lost to fate.
I've expressed my love... in soprano.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Aquamarine Melody by Casey Jarrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Moral Roundabout, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Wheelwright, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Idiot Girl, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- All the Steps, John Taggart
- Heimdall, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Orange Berries Dark Green Leaves, John Taggart
- Horses To Market, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Foreign Wife Elegy, Yuko Taniguchi