Ellis Parker Butler
I hold her letter as I stand,
Nor break the seal; no need to guess
What dainty little female hand
Penned this most delicate address.
The scented seal—I break it not,
But stand in stormy revery;
I tremble as I wonder what
She who penned this will say to me.
I wonder what my wife will say
If so it be she e’er shall know
I only mailed her note today—
It should have gone two weeks ago!
Ellis Parker Butler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anticipation by Ellis Parker Butler )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI