In the silence before the storm
I can feel you.
I can sense the change
darkening your soul.
As each gentle dropp lands
you turn away
before thunder heralds words
held, so far,
upon your tongue.
Remind yourself one more time
that once given
cannot be retrieved,
and heady damage
Close your eyes
within the steady hum
of a cleansing storm.
Breathe in decision,
then carefully speak.
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anticipation by Viola Grey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi