Here’s an idea in my mind
And please be truthful, don’t be kind
But what if we decided to go on dates
Together as anti-soul mates?
You’ll treat me cruelly with lots of spite
And I will hate you with all my might
We’ll argue and bicker and never agree
Oh, isn’t this a perfect plan for you and me?
We will feel so much suffering and pain
What better feelings for us to gain
For who really wants love or devotion?
We don’t need that kind of emotion.
How our hatred will be treasured bliss
For you are someone I would not miss
It is wonderful that we are not a perfect pair
And we can both cheat and have an affair.
I love the thought of you, my anti-soul mate
The idea I must say is truly great
Why should I love someone who doesn’t love me
And have myself feel so much utter misery?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anti-Soul Mate by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sunrise, Ronald Chapman
- My Wondrous Journey (Reincarnation), Ronald Chapman
- My Day Haiku Form 575, Ronald Chapman
- A.Blok, To Yury Verkhovensky - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Vladimir Bestuzhev - Translat.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Ice Storm, Ronald Chapman
- A.Pushkin, To a portrait of Zhukovsky - .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- RUINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI