Here’s an idea in my mind
And please be truthful, don’t be kind
But what if we decided to go on dates
Together as anti-soul mates?
You’ll treat me cruelly with lots of spite
And I will hate you with all my might
We’ll argue and bicker and never agree
Oh, isn’t this a perfect plan for you and me?
We will feel so much suffering and pain
What better feelings for us to gain
For who really wants love or devotion?
We don’t need that kind of emotion.
How our hatred will be treasured bliss
For you are someone I would not miss
It is wonderful that we are not a perfect pair
And we can both cheat and have an affair.
I love the thought of you, my anti-soul mate
The idea I must say is truly great
Why should I love someone who doesn’t love me
And have myself feel so much utter misery?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anti-Soul Mate by Genevieve Pilat )
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
- Even for bluff, hasmukh amathalal
- For you - Mother, gajanan mishra
- My Morning Glory, Refa Kris
- The Beast, Shannon Paterson
- Mode Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gathering Compensation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 2 of A Kind, Josep Rodriguez
- पाऊस ओथंबुन वाहत असताना..., Amit Anjarlekar
- sometimes we all, Ben Paynter
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)