Here’s an idea in my mind
And please be truthful, don’t be kind
But what if we decided to go on dates
Together as anti-soul mates?
You’ll treat me cruelly with lots of spite
And I will hate you with all my might
We’ll argue and bicker and never agree
Oh, isn’t this a perfect plan for you and me?
We will feel so much suffering and pain
What better feelings for us to gain
For who really wants love or devotion?
We don’t need that kind of emotion.
How our hatred will be treasured bliss
For you are someone I would not miss
It is wonderful that we are not a perfect pair
And we can both cheat and have an affair.
I love the thought of you, my anti-soul mate
The idea I must say is truly great
Why should I love someone who doesn’t love me
And have myself feel so much utter misery?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anti-Soul Mate by Genevieve Pilat )
- Where You Are Planted, Evie Shockley
- We are not in favor of, gajanan mishra
- Afterward, Lawrence Beck
- Fourth's Corner, michael walkerjohn
- O stop, little, lovely rose, Saheb Mohapatra
- Diwali for the dead, Saheb Mohapatra
- DIWALI (Never have I seen.....), Saheb Mohapatra
- Waiting On The Mayflower, Evie Shockley
- All the time, Cee Bea
- Friend in the Desert, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)