Antagonistic Anticipations Antics Antidotes
An ant another ant can’t pass
without inquiry ever,
antennae act as looking glass,
formic fact from fiction sever.
Alas lad, lass, to pretty pass
come, for unity forever:
dubious rendezvous fixture farce
cant can’t sustain, soon sever.
[S]he who each day seeks fresher grass,
makes hay while sun shines, never
forget men frequently bypass
Let telepathic tendrils touch,
test out best nest expecting much.
Far more than human kind can carry
bears ant whose anthem poet sings,
and yet most aren't allowed to marry:
life's far more roundabouts than swings.
Weight ants embrace, take in their stride,
leave massive muscled men amazed,
who frequently friendships abide
with patience short, love thunder crazed.
Millienia mellow, pixie fire ants
accelerant networks perfected,
their facebooks more than elephants
trumpet thriftlessness rejected.
Three enemies ants vanquish, banish:
blind termite, spider, man must vanish.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Antagonistic Anticipations Antics Antidotes by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano