Answering a Maiden's Plea
You do squander time
Let us couple in our prime;
I would not lure you with deception,
I am adroit at contraception;
Let not you in your later years
Regret that you succumbed to fears
On one soft evening beneath blazing stars
(Venus in conjunction with Mars)
You turned away a proffered kiss
And denied us both such my magic bliss;
You turned cheek, your ruby lips
And loosed yourself from my grip,
And ran across the moonlit lawn,
A silken fairy, a nimble fawn,
Such treasured sweets you must store up
The wine of memory in your cup.
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Answering a Maiden's Plea by David McLansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- habit, laxami Cards
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..