Another year has passed.
Things are finally looking up at last.
I'm twenty-five and still alive.
Surprisingly I feel alright.
Holding my loved ones near and tight.
The one I hold dearest gives me light.
Through all my life I knew it right.
Long days have passed since I came last.
Many happy days here in this cast.
A loving family with friends present and in the past.
Most of them I still love, they're a smash.
Although from time to time we clash.
A faithful journey with falls a plenty.
They can't beat me because God has kept me.
I'll keep fighting to find my meaning.
Another year I know I'm dear.
To all of those who gave me cheer.
Some things are close with who I've chose.
The deals at hand to have and close.
When another year has passed.
I know that she'll be mine at last.
So I thank you all it's been a blast.
We'll celebrate all the years that pass.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Year by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- THE PRETTY CAMELS IN THE PATOS ORCHARD ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dear, sabelo khumalo
- cHoPpIng wIth EaT sTiCKs, sEaN nOrTh
- Happy Birthday Sister, Srivishnu Rentala
- Where The Nation Is Mine!, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- If You Do Not Cultivate Your Woman, Ronell Warren Alman
- Sri Lankan Leapord (Kotiya), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Feels Of Love..., John Ugolo Umah
- The Same Old Story, Nassy Fesharaki
- Green, sEaN nOrTh