Another Gray Day
Another gray day, the garden is bored.
A chill rain has steadily poured.
So the wild flower garden hypothetically paints,
Envisions and fabricates.
Together they conjure some nice illustrations
With untamed imaginations!
'If I had a chance, I would color the moon
A pale translucent maroon.
I'd wash the sun in hologram hues,
Constantly changing, from reds, to yellows, to blues! '
'I'd paint all the clouds bright strawberry pink,
With extra fine edges in indigo ink,
In a lavender sky that is endlessly high,
Like down, they drift casually by.'
'Each of the trees, when it's laden with leaves,
I would gild with metallic gold!
All heaven sees, when a delicate breeze
Stirs a glorious sight to behold! '
'Oh, ' said the cow in the meadow near by,
'No body loves art work more deeply than I!
Though your picture is perfect, bright, yet serene,
Could you please paint the grass a green, green? '
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Another Gray Day by Connie Yost )
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley