Another Gray Day
Another gray day, the garden is bored.
A chill rain has steadily poured.
So the wild flower garden hypothetically paints,
Envisions and fabricates.
Together they conjure some nice illustrations
With untamed imaginations!
'If I had a chance, I would color the moon
A pale translucent maroon.
I'd wash the sun in hologram hues,
Constantly changing, from reds, to yellows, to blues! '
'I'd paint all the clouds bright strawberry pink,
With extra fine edges in indigo ink,
In a lavender sky that is endlessly high,
Like down, they drift casually by.'
'Each of the trees, when it's laden with leaves,
I would gild with metallic gold!
All heaven sees, when a delicate breeze
Stirs a glorious sight to behold! '
'Oh, ' said the cow in the meadow near by,
'No body loves art work more deeply than I!
Though your picture is perfect, bright, yet serene,
Could you please paint the grass a green, green? '
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Another Gray Day by Connie Yost )
- Boy last, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
- One glass one heart, Abdullah alHemaidy
- ABOUT ABELA, Terry Collett
- Autumn Leave, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)