Another Gray Day
Another gray day, the garden is bored.
A chill rain has steadily poured.
So the wild flower garden hypothetically paints,
Envisions and fabricates.
Together they conjure some nice illustrations
With untamed imaginations!
'If I had a chance, I would color the moon
A pale translucent maroon.
I'd wash the sun in hologram hues,
Constantly changing, from reds, to yellows, to blues! '
'I'd paint all the clouds bright strawberry pink,
With extra fine edges in indigo ink,
In a lavender sky that is endlessly high,
Like down, they drift casually by.'
'Each of the trees, when it's laden with leaves,
I would gild with metallic gold!
All heaven sees, when a delicate breeze
Stirs a glorious sight to behold! '
'Oh, ' said the cow in the meadow near by,
'No body loves art work more deeply than I!
Though your picture is perfect, bright, yet serene,
Could you please paint the grass a green, green? '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Another Gray Day by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston
- Poppy and Moppy, Brian P FitzGerald
- 'Nightmare of 'Annabel Lee', Shania K. Younce
- I heard him, Nassy Fesharaki
- WAIL ON, WOLE, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones