Another Gray Day
Another gray day, the garden is bored.
A chill rain has steadily poured.
So the wild flower garden hypothetically paints,
Envisions and fabricates.
Together they conjure some nice illustrations
With untamed imaginations!
'If I had a chance, I would color the moon
A pale translucent maroon.
I'd wash the sun in hologram hues,
Constantly changing, from reds, to yellows, to blues! '
'I'd paint all the clouds bright strawberry pink,
With extra fine edges in indigo ink,
In a lavender sky that is endlessly high,
Like down, they drift casually by.'
'Each of the trees, when it's laden with leaves,
I would gild with metallic gold!
All heaven sees, when a delicate breeze
Stirs a glorious sight to behold! '
'Oh, ' said the cow in the meadow near by,
'No body loves art work more deeply than I!
Though your picture is perfect, bright, yet serene,
Could you please paint the grass a green, green? '
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Another Gray Day by Connie Yost )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Primary Colours, vince gullaci
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)