Another day closer to truth
Don't fear that truth you hide,
it escapes your weary clutches as you slumber.
Face tomorrow with certainty,
it holds secrets of longing yet discovered.
Say farewell to yesterday
which used up it's welcome on your heart.
Don't fear the truth, my love
a stinging slap fades with time
leaving you refreshed,
and ready to fight back.
for Miss Stella B
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another day closer to truth by Viola Grey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare