Another Day Appears
Another day appears again
and allows me to use my eyes
to focus on all the beauty I see
from the ground up to the skies.
I'm up and about filled with doubt
that what I see can compare
with the feeling I get inside of me
that this big old earth's not fair.
What's good for the goose
should be good for the gander.
But as I go from hour to hour,
I'm reminded how much grander
is the beauty that grows
regardless of fairness or grace.
So I disregard the inequities
and put a smile on my face.
Let those that don't understand this
find out in time what they miss.
Their eyes are closed and do not see
that beauty is no novelty.
It's a constant daily sighting
that only opened eyes can see.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Day Appears by Edwina Reizer )
- THe Mean Man, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Jury duty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Body Is Not Your Temple By Bo-Edward .., Bo Edward Lawrence
- The America Flag., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Euphoric Nights By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Storms do not last., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Crime repeats itself., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The American dream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)