M.D Dinesh Nair
Some invite me to their houses
But I cannot go there as I have other plans.
I just say, 'Another day, I shall make it'.
That day never comes.
They invite me again
But I cannot go there still, my plans are being worked out
I just repeat, ' Another day, believe me'.
They smile- They know it.
They look at me
As if to enquire whether I would make it this time.
But I am what I was and how shall I go?
They go away still smiling.
I at last realise and tell it aloud
I won`t go anywhere whoever may invite me.
I have made a big SHELL for all.
And am waiting to withdraw myself into it for ever.
I will take everyone into my SHELL which has a big mouth
I won`t let you tell, 'another day and another day'.
I will drag you all into it for ever, it`s certain.
My SHELL will swallow you all on a day.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Another Day by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa
- Childhood Stories, Matthew Rohrer
- Christmas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..