I said I'm gonna leave him,
He said don’t leave me.
I told him my mind is made up,
He said he don’t wanna break up.
I said he gave me no choice,
He said I should give him a chance.
Then with his head on my shoulders,
He wept like a baby.
Though he was my baby,
I can’t go on anymore.
But when the tears were flowing,
I just can’t let him go.
For I remembered the first time he met me,
The words he spoke to me.
His eyes shone as an angel,
When he spoke my name.
Though I love him once,
I know I love him still.
If my heart was made of steel,
I could still have heard his plea.
Because he look’d so helpless,
When he asked for another chance.
“You know if you had to leave me,
That will be the end of me.
You know you’re the one for me,
I can’t survive a break up.
Though I don’t deserve your love,
But please give me a chance to change”
On his knees with so much pains,
He said this to me,
B’cause he was bleeding from his broken heart.
Then I know if I choose to leave him,
It means I’ve killed my love.
Because I love him dearly,
I ’ll give him another chance.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Chance by Dave BenOdafe )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong