I said I'm gonna leave him,
He said don’t leave me.
I told him my mind is made up,
He said he don’t wanna break up.
I said he gave me no choice,
He said I should give him a chance.
Then with his head on my shoulders,
He wept like a baby.
Though he was my baby,
I can’t go on anymore.
But when the tears were flowing,
I just can’t let him go.
For I remembered the first time he met me,
The words he spoke to me.
His eyes shone as an angel,
When he spoke my name.
Though I love him once,
I know I love him still.
If my heart was made of steel,
I could still have heard his plea.
Because he look’d so helpless,
When he asked for another chance.
“You know if you had to leave me,
That will be the end of me.
You know you’re the one for me,
I can’t survive a break up.
Though I don’t deserve your love,
But please give me a chance to change”
On his knees with so much pains,
He said this to me,
B’cause he was bleeding from his broken heart.
Then I know if I choose to leave him,
It means I’ve killed my love.
Because I love him dearly,
I ’ll give him another chance.
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Chance by Dave BenOdafe )
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)