I said I'm gonna leave him,
He said don’t leave me.
I told him my mind is made up,
He said he don’t wanna break up.
I said he gave me no choice,
He said I should give him a chance.
Then with his head on my shoulders,
He wept like a baby.
Though he was my baby,
I can’t go on anymore.
But when the tears were flowing,
I just can’t let him go.
For I remembered the first time he met me,
The words he spoke to me.
His eyes shone as an angel,
When he spoke my name.
Though I love him once,
I know I love him still.
If my heart was made of steel,
I could still have heard his plea.
Because he look’d so helpless,
When he asked for another chance.
“You know if you had to leave me,
That will be the end of me.
You know you’re the one for me,
I can’t survive a break up.
Though I don’t deserve your love,
But please give me a chance to change”
On his knees with so much pains,
He said this to me,
B’cause he was bleeding from his broken heart.
Then I know if I choose to leave him,
It means I’ve killed my love.
Because I love him dearly,
I ’ll give him another chance.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Chance by Dave BenOdafe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Promise of Spring, Seema Chowdhury
- Brunellus the Ass, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- Richness of Small Things, Seema Chowdhury
- My Coequal, Naveed Akram
- Gajanan Mishra - A Fellow Poet, Hardik Vaidya
- Energetic Shift, Seema Chowdhury
- The Best Time is Now, Seema Chowdhury
- Wings of Imagination, Seema Chowdhury
- Do Failure Analysis, Seema Chowdhury
- Why I Am Being Misunderstood?, Geetha Jayakumar