Lawrence S. Pertillar
Annointed To Oppose
Persistence with a consistency to uncover the unknown,
Can sometimes irritate those being shown...
Who sit with limited and discussed expectations.
In the hopes that they do find repetitive ways,
To critique with a redundant process they find easy.
And often they do this with a passing of judgement done.
As if a standard one has placed on achieving quality,
Is determined by those who pretend they know...
How it is they have been annointed to oppose,
A quality being introduced when much of it they've dismissed.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Annointed To Oppose by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh