Annette Funicello, you got
Discovered by Walt Disney, who
Liked your young wholesomeness a lot.
The Mickey Mouse Club - Walt picked you
To exemplify on T.V.
The best traits of the '50s kid,
Being of good morality,
With songs and dance and smiles you did
Give baby boomers aired delight.
Such talent 'neath those Mickey ears,
On the old Dumont black and white.
Ah yes, those were the wonder years.
Annette, we know that you do part
Ever a Mouseketeer at heart.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Annette Funicello by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi
(20 November 1916 - 10 July 2006)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad