Anna and Netas (Political leaders)
Anna on fast again to free India of corruption,
Netas unperturbed by his unending eruption;
We are supreme, they hoot,
Question not our right to loot,
Voters are so splintered, you can't cause any disruption.
Vinod Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A Gandhian who believes in non-violence, he fasted last year to compel the government to bring an effective anti-corruption legislation so that errant politicians and bureaucrats could be punished. Foxy politicians made all the right noises but successfully stalled enactment.
He is on indefinite fast again, but this time, the ruling Congress party has not responded positively at all till now.
Comments about this poem (Anna and Netas (Political leaders) by Vinod Sharma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- alone! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak