Animal Planet this Earth I see
Animal Planet: this Earth I see
Worthless than that in cruelty.
Tigers, jackals, vultures, sharks
Only for food, they prey: marks-
Line between them and Adam sons.
By massacre on land, on the sea,
Outshine we, others born on earth.
Religions try to link all births
As twisted they choke our breaths.
Heaven and hell tempt; we Dyes
To butcher brothers err we die-
Or roll in Politics' power game
That brings One power and fame.
The Bible said, 'Thou shan't kill'
The Qur'an tells, 'Show Grace to all'
Buddha said, 'Abstain of killing'
'Never desire others wealth'
'Isavasyopanishad' teaches; still-
I sit still as I see they kill.
Note: 'Isavasyopanishad' is one among the important ten Upanishads in Indian Philosophy.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Animal Planet this Earth I see by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)