r james sterzinger
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis'
that's not my signature.
I speak for myself, now
no record of it
I have disavowed my Catholic Faith.
there is nothing
that can be found
that has my scribbled
I don't have an opt-out clause
I did promise once to a therapist
that I wouldn't,
my word is worthless
once to a nurse that I wouldn't
but I was forced to sign
to stay in the group
I told her the signature that is coerced
then there are the bull dogs!
r james sterzinger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angus Dei by r james sterzinger )
- Who Are You, Tone Lyriker
- Rossette, Naveed Khalid
- tell sadness to catch the next bus, Mandolyn ...
- You and I, David Clinch
- The Beggar, David Clinch
- Just Wait, Alyssa Alexander
- Miep - A Woman of Courage, David Clinch
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)