Ace Of Black Hearts
(Angry Poem) An Empty Soul
My own little picture book.
Everything has been drawn so clearly.
I've felt it so personally.
The violence never subsides.
Its the re-awaking.
We are forever changing.
The loops repeat themselves every day.
Reign the chaos in.
Put it down with forcefulness
Grab it just to let it go
Oh no, no, no, no oh, oh
The ins and outs with out a single doubt.
The rock star still plays his guitar.
The poet still writes his poems.
The author still tells his stories.
The vocalist still sings.
Through it all the passion will never fall.
I get that phone call.
And I know bad news has now hit my door step.
A death so sudden.
We can never be truly prepared.
In the heaviest armor.
We are still weak.
We still cry.
Even if its only on the inside.
Like a eternal burning fire you can never put it out.
It keeps coming back.
Taking another run at me.
Never stopping to think just maybe
He's already been through enough
But who cares about him.
In this life full of sin
What's one more.
By the way what is score?
Their winning good lord.
All bets are off.
Snuffed out, eliminated, and stuffed.
Just hang me on your wall.
'Yeah he was mine.'
'I got him good.'
'Took everything he had.'
'His entire family at my finger tips.'
It just makes me sick the extent you willing to go too.
Just to hurt little old me.
I don't understand.
Too naive, I don't know if I ever can..
Let me spell it out for you.
I have nothing left.
You took everything including my loneliness.
You wanted me to be pain.
But now all I feel is numbness.
Standing next to god I will ask him only thing.
Why was hate ever necessary?
Why were so many wars declared under his name?
Idol gods one and the same.
Its not his fault and I don't blame.
But some days I could use a good explanation.
Not that he has to.
But some one needs to.
Left to the unknown it gets completely out of control.
It slowly empties out the soul
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Angry Poem) An Empty Soul by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
- Often I Am Reminded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Knows, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)