Angels Sing Along
The heavenly saints of Holly Village
sing along to olden days Christian songs.
Ed White, plays his own organ,
and that is the sign to begin.
People call out the page numbers and the songs.
Then, all of our little group sings along.
We may have little, or no professional
But singing songs about the
old time religion-
gives us real thrills!
In my minds eye, I do not even cry.
I behold 'visions' of heavenly angelic
beings; clothed in shining white.
They are all holding hymn books
in their hands. Together, we
worship, Jesus Christ, The
Son of Man.
No, I can not hear the heavenly
chorous. Thats okay.
Certainly! I know we all will be
joining them someday soon.
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
join us when we our singing religious songs? The answer He gave to
me is very simple yet true. I have been seeing the angels
singing behind us for two Tuesday afternoons in a row.
I sing with them when the Sunshine Singers of our Carl Gipson
Senior Center in Everett, Washington is on summer break.
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Comments about this poem (Angels Sing Along by Roxanne Dubarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Prayers To Lord Murugan, A. K. Ramanujan
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR