Angels Sing Along
The heavenly saints of Holly Village
sing along to olden days Christian songs.
Ed White, plays his own organ,
and that is the sign to begin.
People call out the page numbers and the songs.
Then, all of our little group sings along.
We may have little, or no professional
But singing songs about the
old time religion-
gives us real thrills!
In my minds eye, I do not even cry.
I behold 'visions' of heavenly angelic
beings; clothed in shining white.
They are all holding hymn books
in their hands. Together, we
worship, Jesus Christ, The
Son of Man.
No, I can not hear the heavenly
chorous. Thats okay.
Certainly! I know we all will be
joining them someday soon.
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
join us when we our singing religious songs? The answer He gave to
me is very simple yet true. I have been seeing the angels
singing behind us for two Tuesday afternoons in a row.
I sing with them when the Sunshine Singers of our Carl Gipson
Senior Center in Everett, Washington is on summer break.
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Comments about this poem (Angels Sing Along by Roxanne Dubarry )
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)