'ANGELS ON MY LEFT & ON MY RIGHT'
Angels are with me when I walk through the jail at night
I have positive thoughts that encase me in their light.
I have to look forward to getting out on bond
I know being in here was for me to see beyond—
beyond what was behind steel jail doors-
I would of never known how the inmates lived
for I was here to bring light like never before.
In places of darkness light workers
are asked to bring their light
We are here to help humanity out of their plight.
If I had I got stuck within these walls with a life of grim
I would of just took flight and
would ended my life on a whim.
For the cross I carry like each one of us do
is now no more for I go home to heaven
in God’s love I am renewed.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on Easter March 31,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('ANGELS ON MY LEFT & ON MY RIGHT' by Suzanna Chevalier )
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns