'ANGELS ON MY LEFT & ON MY RIGHT'
Angels are with me when I walk through the jail at night
I have positive thoughts that encase me in their light.
I have to look forward to getting out on bond
I know being in here was for me to see beyond—
beyond what was behind steel jail doors-
I would of never known how the inmates lived
for I was here to bring light like never before.
In places of darkness light workers
are asked to bring their light
We are here to help humanity out of their plight.
If I had I got stuck within these walls with a life of grim
I would of just took flight and
would ended my life on a whim.
For the cross I carry like each one of us do
is now no more for I go home to heaven
in God’s love I am renewed.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on Easter March 31,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('ANGELS ON MY LEFT & ON MY RIGHT' by Suzanna Chevalier )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- This Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Total Encompassing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Childhood Preparing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tempted, Electric Lady
- Sincerity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak