'ANGELS ON MY LEFT & ON MY RIGHT'
Angels are with me when I walk through the jail at night
I have positive thoughts that encase me in their light.
I have to look forward to getting out on bond
I know being in here was for me to see beyond—
beyond what was behind steel jail doors-
I would of never known how the inmates lived
for I was here to bring light like never before.
In places of darkness light workers
are asked to bring their light
We are here to help humanity out of their plight.
If I had I got stuck within these walls with a life of grim
I would of just took flight and
would ended my life on a whim.
For the cross I carry like each one of us do
is now no more for I go home to heaven
in God’s love I am renewed.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on Easter March 31,2013
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('ANGELS ON MY LEFT & ON MY RIGHT' by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak