I thought heaven was a place you went if you died,
And yet I'm in heaven, when I stand at your side
And I always keep listening, lest I hear your harp's strings
When I put my arms round you, my hands look for your wings.
Your laugh is your chorus and your smile is divine.
Your halo and manna, kisses are mine.
With my hand in yours, time seems to slow,
Your eyes seem to shine and your skin seems to glow
And when I say I love you, I truly feel what I am saying.
I don't know whether I'm talking, or to you I am praying.
When I'm alone at night, you are every star that I see
And I truly do hope you have fallen for me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Harry Radcliffe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)
- Neon Sign, Alan W. Jankowski
- Party Favors, Alan W. Jankowski
- Let Me Be The One, Alan W. Jankowski