I thought heaven was a place you went if you died,
And yet I'm in heaven, when I stand at your side
And I always keep listening, lest I hear your harp's strings
When I put my arms round you, my hands look for your wings.
Your laugh is your chorus and your smile is divine.
Your halo and manna, kisses are mine.
With my hand in yours, time seems to slow,
Your eyes seem to shine and your skin seems to glow
And when I say I love you, I truly feel what I am saying.
I don't know whether I'm talking, or to you I am praying.
When I'm alone at night, you are every star that I see
And I truly do hope you have fallen for me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Harry Radcliffe )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch