Tears shed while blood runs red.
The fright in their eyes and families are saying good bye.
A child dies with no good reason….Why?
A gunman took their lives while others are wondering why. No last hug, no last kiss, can’t shake the feeling or catch a grip. No one would have thought a school wasn’t safe.
You send your kids to school and never expect a day to take a turn. Lock it down, lock it down, there is a crazy man in town.
Who would have known that little babies were going to turn to little angels in a blink of an eye? No need for good bye because they are all going to be by tour side letting you know that they are safe now. No need to hide with the angels by your side.
Jaclyn Brantley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Jaclyn Brantley )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang