We crossed Heaven county border lines,
unto the bright Angelic host of purifying trumpets,
and lights to be seen and heard,
for a thousand nights.
We peeked a moment at the angels,
of Michael Gabriel Azrael and Raphael,
and absorbed religions, statue to statue.
But we are not s easy with belief,
and in faith we fall shorter.
You're a tiny temptress,
who plays chess and board games,
of my easy sins.
Our sins are forgiven though,
but by who?
I can't say.
They preach to us,
but you cover your eyes and ears,
like seraphim wings,
dulling yourself to every message,
every golden retribution,
chance after chance,
dust to dust.
Ash to ash,
we fall back down,
give us this day our daily bread,
'Eli Eli lamma sabacthani',
where will you send me?
Paradise that fell,
into oceans of lost redemption.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angelology by Nicholas Peter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman
- ode to enmity, Shanika marini Paul
- hair poem, lee fones
- Midnight, binod bastola
- you hush your heart to keep me down, Mandolyn Davidson
- Rightchoiceness, Tosin Abegunde
- Binding Echoes, F. J. Thomas
- Without Fail, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- a ReSoRt 2 rEtoRt and sum copy n paste, sEaN nOrTh
- In Lost Dreams, Lilly Emery