We crossed Heaven county border lines,
unto the bright Angelic host of purifying trumpets,
and lights to be seen and heard,
for a thousand nights.
We peeked a moment at the angels,
of Michael Gabriel Azrael and Raphael,
and absorbed religions, statue to statue.
But we are not s easy with belief,
and in faith we fall shorter.
You're a tiny temptress,
who plays chess and board games,
of my easy sins.
Our sins are forgiven though,
but by who?
I can't say.
They preach to us,
but you cover your eyes and ears,
like seraphim wings,
dulling yourself to every message,
every golden retribution,
chance after chance,
dust to dust.
Ash to ash,
we fall back down,
give us this day our daily bread,
'Eli Eli lamma sabacthani',
where will you send me?
Paradise that fell,
into oceans of lost redemption.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angelology by Nicholas Peter )
- I Turn To Ice, Over The Moon
- yellow light turns green, Is It Poetry
- Tuesday, Kyle Costa
- Sleeping Machines, Kyle Costa
- In The Forest, stephen ifill
- We, The Moon Watchers, Kyle Costa
- Beauty of The Wolf, Kaylin Garrett
- There, Barbara Dixion
- Humpty-Dumpty, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(October 2, 1879 – August 2, 1955)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)