So fair and innocent
Why do you cry?
I cry over him
The man who had my heart
But threw it away and left
So tender and fragile
Why does your clenched fist lay across your heart?
My fist lays there
Keeping the pain inside at bay
Instead of pouring out
So broken and cold
Why do you double over?
I am balled up
To hold myself together
When I just want to scream and explode
So torn and hurt
Why are you in pain?
It is not pain you see
It is the ache of a broken heart
In the core of my being, spreading throughout my body
So burnt and apart
Why aren't you whole and in heaven?
I am not whole
For my heart is gone
With the one I love
I am not in heaven
For I have left for him
And do not wish to leave without my soul mate
So alone and shattered
How will you live on earth alone?
I will be a ghostly shadow
Stuck forever here
Until my heart is taken back to heaven
Finally rejoined with my other half in him.
Virginia Cairns's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel, Why? by Virginia Cairns )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam
- Sin Salida, Edwin Cordero
- jeene ka karishma|, Aftab Alam
- *My confused mood, C. P. Sharma
- Dear! i Still Love You, Rimni chakravarty