Fell in a dream munching heaven,
Left just one, did all eleven.
Dreamt of a castle made of cream.
Iced brownie, fairy theme.
Over the heavenly scape I float.
Slurping honey, in a cherry moat.
Princely tall and dark, handsome.
Sword by side and chocolates some.
Slowly approached with nuttela bars.
In deep brown eyes twinkled stars.
Sister jumped and spoiled the show.
Awoken, I frown at a heartless bro.
Rubbed my eyes, yawned a stretch.
Instantly knew what I had to fetch.
Tiptoed to the fridge, but wait! Hark!
May be in shadows a waiting shark.
An ear to mom’s bedroom door.
Heard the musical, papa’s snore.
All clear, I glided on my way.
Barely touched and he cautioned stay.
I flail and squeal, he picks me up,
to see those beaming brimming cups.
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel feet….1907 by saadat tahir )
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)