Fell in a dream munching heaven,
Left just one, did all eleven.
Dreamt of a castle made of cream.
Iced brownie, fairy theme.
Over the heavenly scape I float.
Slurping honey, in a cherry moat.
Princely tall and dark, handsome.
Sword by side and chocolates some.
Slowly approached with nuttela bars.
In deep brown eyes twinkled stars.
Sister jumped and spoiled the show.
Awoken, I frown at a heartless bro.
Rubbed my eyes, yawned a stretch.
Instantly knew what I had to fetch.
Tiptoed to the fridge, but wait! Hark!
May be in shadows a waiting shark.
An ear to mom’s bedroom door.
Heard the musical, papa’s snore.
All clear, I glided on my way.
Barely touched and he cautioned stay.
I flail and squeal, he picks me up,
to see those beaming brimming cups.
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel feet….1907 by saadat tahir )
- It Made My Day.....(sigh), Kaila George
- Unsure About....., Kaila George
- Love, Joy, Trust & Respect, Tom Zart
- Change, Kaila George
- tempt, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)