Angel Face in Lace
I sit here in a daze, thinking back....
I wept, when I first seen your mother in wedding lace.
I cried when I unveiled her angel face.
I wept the night she said 'yes I will marry you'
I cried at the alter when she said ' I do '
I wept when she said ' we are having a baby '
I cried at the thought of daddy.
I wept when I first seen that pink lace.
I cried when she unveiled that angel face.
I wept the very first time you became ill.
I cried when you took your first spill.
I wept on that first prom night
I cried because now I wasn't the only white night.
I wept I wasn't the only man in your life anymore.
I cried because in time you would be walking out that door.
I weep as I watch you in white wedding lace.
I cry as he unveils that angel face.
I weep this evening because he is marrying you.
I cry as the past echoes the words ' I do '
I weep and through tears a grin appears.
I grin in anticipation of the thought of pink lace.
I smile the day I unveil that angel face.
I grin at the thought of seeing that baby.
I smile at the thought of Grand Daddy!
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angel Face in Lace by Jay Aguiniga )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray