Angel Face in Lace
I sit here in a daze, thinking back....
I wept, when I first seen your mother in wedding lace.
I cried when I unveiled her angel face.
I wept the night she said 'yes I will marry you'
I cried at the alter when she said ' I do '
I wept when she said ' we are having a baby '
I cried at the thought of daddy.
I wept when I first seen that pink lace.
I cried when she unveiled that angel face.
I wept the very first time you became ill.
I cried when you took your first spill.
I wept on that first prom night
I cried because now I wasn't the only white night.
I wept I wasn't the only man in your life anymore.
I cried because in time you would be walking out that door.
I weep as I watch you in white wedding lace.
I cry as he unveils that angel face.
I weep this evening because he is marrying you.
I cry as the past echoes the words ' I do '
I weep and through tears a grin appears.
I grin in anticipation of the thought of pink lace.
I smile the day I unveil that angel face.
I grin at the thought of seeing that baby.
I smile at the thought of Grand Daddy!
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angel Face in Lace by Jay Aguiniga )
- My Dog Lays at, David McLansky
- Asthi-Kalasha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)