Angel Face in Lace
I sit here in a daze, thinking back....
I wept, when I first seen your mother in wedding lace.
I cried when I unveiled her angel face.
I wept the night she said 'yes I will marry you'
I cried at the alter when she said ' I do '
I wept when she said ' we are having a baby '
I cried at the thought of daddy.
I wept when I first seen that pink lace.
I cried when she unveiled that angel face.
I wept the very first time you became ill.
I cried when you took your first spill.
I wept on that first prom night
I cried because now I wasn't the only white night.
I wept I wasn't the only man in your life anymore.
I cried because in time you would be walking out that door.
I weep as I watch you in white wedding lace.
I cry as he unveils that angel face.
I weep this evening because he is marrying you.
I cry as the past echoes the words ' I do '
I weep and through tears a grin appears.
I grin in anticipation of the thought of pink lace.
I smile the day I unveil that angel face.
I grin at the thought of seeing that baby.
I smile at the thought of Grand Daddy!
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angel Face in Lace by Jay Aguiniga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey