RIC S. BASTASA
And To Keep This Peace, You Do Nothing
who does not want harmony?
it is an equation of beauty
and peace, and what is most important is peace, I know.
who wants to chill upon a rainless day?
who wants to be left alone crying in the streets of nowhere?
But why are they still there? they who cry in the streets,
they who are discordant and senseless?
They who run and run, but do not know really where to go, when to stop?
you are at peace, and you do not mind why they are at war?
you do not mind why this world is shaken? why the cracks have
widened? why the chasm is deeper?
you are at peace. You know where to go. You know the reason why.
Just be there. Do not move. You are God.
And to keep this Peace, You do nothing.
You will say: It is Destiny. It is Written. And it shall be Done.
It shall be fulfilled.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And To Keep This Peace, You Do Nothing by RIC S. BASTASA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(23 November 1920 - 20 April 1970)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Brief History of Abstract Art, Paul Hartal
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...