RIC S. BASTASA
And To Keep This Peace, You Do Nothing
who does not want harmony?
it is an equation of beauty
and peace, and what is most important is peace, I know.
who wants to chill upon a rainless day?
who wants to be left alone crying in the streets of nowhere?
But why are they still there? they who cry in the streets,
they who are discordant and senseless?
They who run and run, but do not know really where to go, when to stop?
you are at peace, and you do not mind why they are at war?
you do not mind why this world is shaken? why the cracks have
widened? why the chasm is deeper?
you are at peace. You know where to go. You know the reason why.
Just be there. Do not move. You are God.
And to keep this Peace, You do nothing.
You will say: It is Destiny. It is Written. And it shall be Done.
It shall be fulfilled.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And To Keep This Peace, You Do Nothing by RIC S. BASTASA )
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
- The Only Key, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- A cry from a child, Zintle Groepe
- Hope Again., Tracee Olga
- If, Zintle Groepe
- Look at eyes! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- I'll Be Leaving, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Lob, Edward Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)