And Then There Was One
The first is for you,
And your constant lies.
The second is for her,
To break her ties.
The third is for him,
A man so cruel.
The fourth is for protecting him,
Like a fool.
The fifth is for another,
His mind so sick.
The last is for me,
But there is only a click.
They all begin to fall,
And then there was one.
And I look back and think,
What have I done?
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And Then There Was One by Devon McElveen )
- I Know I Have A Heart, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Silence, RAJ VIKRAM
- Lost Butterfly, Poetic Lilly Emery
- For every smile there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- why i wear thermals, Mandolyn ...
- The Secret Of The Universe, Melissa Cantrell
- Paradise, Sharvali Shinde
- Gift., RAJ VIKRAM
- My eyelids, Sergio Jaime
- I Am Woman, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley