And the Medic Thought
There’s no rule book that I’m following.
My brain’s on cruise control.
The pucker factor’s in effect,
A dagger on my soul.
I hear the dead a’trippin’ down,
While live ones ghastly stand,
My breaths match heartbeats, pound for pound,
A tremble grips my hand.
I pray they didn’t see it.
That brief hole in my disguise.
I’m back now. I can feel it.
A calmness in my eyes.
Marlin Nightingale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And the Medic Thought by Marlin Nightingale )
- THEY GOT TIRED لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal