And the Medic Thought
There’s no rule book that I’m following.
My brain’s on cruise control.
The pucker factor’s in effect,
A dagger on my soul.
I hear the dead a’trippin’ down,
While live ones ghastly stand,
My breaths match heartbeats, pound for pound,
A tremble grips my hand.
I pray they didn’t see it.
That brief hole in my disguise.
I’m back now. I can feel it.
A calmness in my eyes.
Marlin Nightingale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And the Medic Thought by Marlin Nightingale )
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
- 'First Step', michael walkerjohn
- conkers, lee fones
- Big Bang Memory, Kim Barney
- Sum of Life, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)