Chris G. Vaillancourt
And The Circle Collects Its Own Release
It's a dark, strange troll that hops across my heart.
Limping in solitude through the yawning acres of departure,
encumbered by remorse.
It's been a long day and so I say,
'let the evil seep in, begin the funeral again.'
Sipping water from a broken cup.
Thirsty for knowlege of underwater life.
It's a begging of something grand.
Faces swarming like bees in a honey tree.
So I proclaim the end, and let the disapointment
be the circle of hope. I am facing the war.
Guns are rippling like sonic flashes of departure.
I wonder who will be tucking in the babies tonight?
Forgotten footsteps that I should have walked
are the only solace in an empty parking lot.
It's been a long life and so I say,
'let the permission slips fall to the ground.
Dream a dream of dreams dreaming of light.'
A wonderful interior view of red and yellow traffic lights.
I caress myself in the darkened room.
Growing anxious that the trolls will attack
the bridges of rushing stone.
I am a rock thrown like candy to the ground.
I am a moment in an hour glass.
I am fully aware of the depth of my soul.
It's been a strange thought, this hope, and so I say,
'let the webs be woven that will eventually
be my mask.'
Chris G. Vaillancourt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And The Circle Collects Its Own Release by Chris G. Vaillancourt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Women's Rights, Annie Louisa Walker
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- What the Body Told, Rafael Campo
- Spitwads, Michael McFee
- Christmas Parties, Marilyn Lott
- Thought Web, Aftab Alam
- The University of Essex, Tom Raworth
- The Bridal Dance, Tony Adah
- Marcus Aurelius Rose, Lisa Jarnot
- Victoria Spivey's, David McLansky
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal