And I Shall Stay
Though you ask for me to leave,
Your eyes say I should wait,
These words shall not move me,
Please know that I won't stray.
Though the devil grasps with forces,
And I worry that I should be gone,
These fears they shall not sway me,
Please know that I'll stay on.
Though it is clear that you are sleeping,
While I lie wide awake,
I love that you are near me,
Please trust that I will stay.
Though I grow cold and you go weak,
And I turn, buried, under feet,
Trust that you are with me,
I'll stay although I'm gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And I Shall Stay by Craig Jordan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hyenas And Vultures, John Ugolo Umah
- Again After Hundred Years, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- Artists (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath