And I Pray
Ripped by hate.
Torn by my heart.
Cracks which are formed inside my eyes.
Tears the hole in my chest.
I am carrying the demons crest.
Painting silver just to be close to the moon.
I am the snake.
My skin was slivered by the thorns.
I cried my best.
I tried to be like the rest.
Tears I have lost to the dunes.
Beauty lies beneath the sands.
There is no truth as the true by treasure.
Death brings forth her beautiful quietness.
Wonderfull by sight.
Sadness for the dying is worth far less.
Beauty does not shine away by being grinned or grinded.
Stoned in the eye of a diamond.
Boned to the marrow rotting in my spine.
I will rather spade my grave.
As to rake your gold plated faces.
What is destroyed, from above to beyond.
Can never be replaced.
What you take can never be repaired.
Not in this life.
And I pray.
Certainly not in the next.
Unic Cjonr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And I Pray by Unic Cjonr )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(march 12 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Fish, Elizabeth Bishop
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong