And I Pray
Ripped by hate.
Torn by my heart.
Cracks which are formed inside my eyes.
Tears the hole in my chest.
I am carrying the demons crest.
Painting silver just to be close to the moon.
I am the snake.
My skin was slivered by the thorns.
I cried my best.
I tried to be like the rest.
Tears I have lost to the dunes.
Beauty lies beneath the sands.
There is no truth as the true by treasure.
Death brings forth her beautiful quietness.
Wonderfull by sight.
Sadness for the dying is worth far less.
Beauty does not shine away by being grinned or grinded.
Stoned in the eye of a diamond.
Boned to the marrow rotting in my spine.
I will rather spade my grave.
As to rake your gold plated faces.
What is destroyed, from above to beyond.
Can never be replaced.
What you take can never be repaired.
Not in this life.
And I pray.
Certainly not in the next.
Unic Cjonr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And I Pray by Unic Cjonr )
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn again but, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As passimist, hasmukh amathalal
- As golden, hasmukh amathalal
- without warning, with morning, Lucy Gray
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)