And I Pray
Ripped by hate.
Torn by my heart.
Cracks which are formed inside my eyes.
Tears the hole in my chest.
I am carrying the demons crest.
Painting silver just to be close to the moon.
I am the snake.
My skin was slivered by the thorns.
I cried my best.
I tried to be like the rest.
Tears I have lost to the dunes.
Beauty lies beneath the sands.
There is no truth as the true by treasure.
Death brings forth her beautiful quietness.
Wonderfull by sight.
Sadness for the dying is worth far less.
Beauty does not shine away by being grinned or grinded.
Stoned in the eye of a diamond.
Boned to the marrow rotting in my spine.
I will rather spade my grave.
As to rake your gold plated faces.
What is destroyed, from above to beyond.
Can never be replaced.
What you take can never be repaired.
Not in this life.
And I pray.
Certainly not in the next.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And I Pray by Unic Cjonr )
- Time Is Not On Your Side, Katherine Perry
- Caesar And Crassus, Saiom Shriver
- >> Funny World, Abdul Wahab
- If, Menkato Awomi
- Agar tumain, Saleem Zidi
- The Pen As Midwife, Saiom Shriver
- Bride And Groom, Jeannette Heywood
- Lincoln And Thanksgiving, Saiom Shriver
- Fears are worse....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sleep, Akhil Zoomin
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)