Theodora (Theo) Onken
It was the Dragon Fly's and Autumn skies
That pleased me...
It was the amber glow and seeds to sow
That inspired me...
It was the turkey and dressing and all manner of blessing
That filled me...
It was the morning frost and leaves soon lost
That touched me...
Yes, it was the Autumn rays of Falls Golden days and
The russet views and burnt orange hues
That anchored me...
By, Theodora Onken
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Anchor~ by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)