Ancestry Of Darkness
1. In lost shadows, Beneath crust of forest, city or park
2. In lands of silent gloom, of lands we hardly hark
3. So odd, this place, in silent darkness where sunlight never shines
4. beneath mountain rock and earth, and green pines.
5. Blind is the majority here
6. Nor can some touch or hear
7. They come in all sizes and designs
8. Where, light fades, in dark, abandoned mines.
9. Silent streams, whom never see the sun.
10. A primordial place, where life may have begun
11. Lights in the solid earth sky, like candles bright
12. Deadly are they, to insects attracted to the light.
13. Silent long legged creatures who fish in the eternal night.
14. Fish swim in icy cold ponds, blind to light and life.
15. live or die, kill or be killed, in the eternal strife.
16. Is evolution lost in this place? A spell?
17. A place without time or a clock to tell.
18. Is the truth hidden, in pools deeper then the deepest well?
19. We know so little, about this place.
20. Yet, before it is lost, we race.
21. For, although we visit this fascinating place, we pollute.
22. And as we gather information and refute
23. These lost places are slowly destroyed, and we steal
24. To decorate our homes, but when we do so, we take from the creatures, a possible meal.
25. A cave, is the name of this place
26. And it seems to be the few places with true beauty and grace
27. For outside it may dull, for that is the look of a cave
28. Take a look inside, it will help you find why it is worth time and effort to save.
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ancestry Of Darkness by Ryan Brodesser )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- साज मिटाना होगा - a spurrier that must b.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Peaceful living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace in the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Tree, Cee Bea
- The hat, michael hagwood
- खुश होते कहीं - could I have been happy?, yashovardhan kulkarni
- My Life Summed Up, Jay Ojha
- City Of Glass (Inflation), Arno Le Roux
- Life Is A Hopscotch Game, Arno Le Roux