Ancestry Of Darkness
1. In lost shadows, Beneath crust of forest, city or park
2. In lands of silent gloom, of lands we hardly hark
3. So odd, this place, in silent darkness where sunlight never shines
4. beneath mountain rock and earth, and green pines.
5. Blind is the majority here
6. Nor can some touch or hear
7. They come in all sizes and designs
8. Where, light fades, in dark, abandoned mines.
9. Silent streams, whom never see the sun.
10. A primordial place, where life may have begun
11. Lights in the solid earth sky, like candles bright
12. Deadly are they, to insects attracted to the light.
13. Silent long legged creatures who fish in the eternal night.
14. Fish swim in icy cold ponds, blind to light and life.
15. live or die, kill or be killed, in the eternal strife.
16. Is evolution lost in this place? A spell?
17. A place without time or a clock to tell.
18. Is the truth hidden, in pools deeper then the deepest well?
19. We know so little, about this place.
20. Yet, before it is lost, we race.
21. For, although we visit this fascinating place, we pollute.
22. And as we gather information and refute
23. These lost places are slowly destroyed, and we steal
24. To decorate our homes, but when we do so, we take from the creatures, a possible meal.
25. A cave, is the name of this place
26. And it seems to be the few places with true beauty and grace
27. For outside it may dull, for that is the look of a cave
28. Take a look inside, it will help you find why it is worth time and effort to save.
Ryan Brodesser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ancestry Of Darkness by Ryan Brodesser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flashback of a Comrade, Barisan Chatterjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -73, Ronjoy Brahma
- Do No Wrong, Terence G. Craddock
- Is poet, gajanan mishra
- It just is (Spoken word poem), Fiona McCullough
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -72, Ronjoy Brahma
- Decoys, Birgitta Heikka
- Which Stones Cast Leave Permanent Scares?, Terence G. Craddock