I want to make it quite clear.....
my heart is not a thoroughfare.
i long for never-never land
for honest people, nice and fair.
no joys i find in shallow world
im fed up of this love-sick air.
wipe out these tears and hold the grief
i don't have too much time to share.
but darkness can't be a horrid thing
sun shines through this mist of despair.
friends oft misinterpret my love
they judge me but by surface layer.
so time is up, so words are spent,
so i intend to go, ....but where?
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anarchy by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)