Shall I be addressed?
Abandoned or Orphan!
Name me right,
Who am I?
Had I to blame:
The one who bore me,
Or the one- reason behind my birth
Answer if you can?
Egos’ were given prime importance
And I was left to fate
Not to seek your mere attendance
Let me know the greatest crime I committed?
For letting me deserted
To parch and wither as a barren land
Am I to be left as an orphan?
If you had decided to stay separate?
Who left whom?
Mama... Papa- tell me please
Who decided first?
Is it you, my love?
Yes, love left you
And so you abandoned ME:
The emblem of your love
To be called ANAMIKA!
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ANAMIKA by Queeny Gona )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Human Family, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler