Shall I be addressed?
Abandoned or Orphan!
Name me right,
Who am I?
Had I to blame:
The one who bore me,
Or the one- reason behind my birth
Answer if you can?
Egos’ were given prime importance
And I was left to fate
Not to seek your mere attendance
Let me know the greatest crime I committed?
For letting me deserted
To parch and wither as a barren land
Am I to be left as an orphan?
If you had decided to stay separate?
Who left whom?
Mama... Papa- tell me please
Who decided first?
Is it you, my love?
Yes, love left you
And so you abandoned ME:
The emblem of your love
To be called ANAMIKA!
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ANAMIKA by Queeny Gona )
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
- Na Na, Angela K Brown
- Among The Nations, Richard Provencher
- Rest, Thomas Plotz
- No one can beat, hasmukh amathalal
- Football Rally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vegas Bikes, Angela K Brown
- Hip Hop Bird, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns