Shall I be addressed?
Abandoned or Orphan!
Name me right,
Who am I?
Had I to blame:
The one who bore me,
Or the one- reason behind my birth
Answer if you can?
Egos’ were given prime importance
And I was left to fate
Not to seek your mere attendance
Let me know the greatest crime I committed?
For letting me deserted
To parch and wither as a barren land
Am I to be left as an orphan?
If you had decided to stay separate?
Who left whom?
Mama... Papa- tell me please
Who decided first?
Is it you, my love?
Yes, love left you
And so you abandoned ME:
The emblem of your love
To be called ANAMIKA!
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ANAMIKA by Queeny Gona )
- discomfiture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Broken Lullabies, Spiritwind Wood
- For simple reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- بلادي الحزينة, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Best endevor, hasmukh amathalal
- لماذا أحب وجهكِ ؟, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Shadow Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Better Than You, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Taking From Us, Spiritwind Wood
- Father Son and Holy Ghost, Audre Lorde
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)