Shall I be addressed?
Abandoned or Orphan!
Name me right,
Who am I?
Had I to blame:
The one who bore me,
Or the one- reason behind my birth
Answer if you can?
Egos’ were given prime importance
And I was left to fate
Not to seek your mere attendance
Let me know the greatest crime I committed?
For letting me deserted
To parch and wither as a barren land
Am I to be left as an orphan?
If you had decided to stay separate?
Who left whom?
Mama... Papa- tell me please
Who decided first?
Is it you, my love?
Yes, love left you
And so you abandoned ME:
The emblem of your love
To be called ANAMIKA!
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ANAMIKA by Queeny Gona )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Poem of the Day
- Secretly Loving You, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi
- Commencement of Spring, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second